Graduate Student Resources
Resources for current Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology graduate students at UC Santa Barbara.
Join our EEMB Grads Facebook or Slack groups or follow GSAC on Twitter to stay up to date with your colleagues.
Contact our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Wellness committee at EEMB.DEIW.UCSB@gmail.com. Stay up to date by visiting their website too.
Graduate Student Handbooks
These handbooks are the updated versions for 2020-2021 and contain all the administrative information about how to get your degree for MA or PhD students, as well as who to contact in the department for help and support.
Basic Needs Resources
The UCSB Basic Needs site maintains an up-to-date list of food pantries, free prepared meals, and other assistance available to all students. Here are a few highlights (many more links and resources on the Basic Needs page):
- Basic Needs Resource Guides
- Cal Fresh: eligible students can receive up to $194 per month for groceries
- On-campus food pantry and schedule of food resources around IV
- Market Match: use Cal Fresh benefits at participating farmers markets, and the market will match funds
- Financial Crisis Response Team: assists students facing financial crisis or urgent financial need
- Student Medical Emergency Relief Fund: provides grants to students with expenses related to medical, dental, psychological, and optical emergencies
- Community Housing Services: Resource for rental housing information and dispute resolution
- Housing Voucher Program and other resources for currently houseless students
- Resources for Grad Student Parents
- GSA Childcare Grant: approved graduate students with single-child households will receive an award of $300; graduate students with more than one child will receive an award of $150 per additional child
UCSB Resources and Listservs
This living document compiles research and funding opportunities, campus resources, useful mailing lists, and more. The list is geared towards undergrads at UCSB, but useful for anyone. Contact Mallory Rice for questions or to suggest additions.
COVID Response Resources
Community care resources are a living document put together by EEMB graduate students to help each other adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID testing information details how to get a COVID test in Santa Barbara County.